Saturday 1 June 2013

EBC Part 9, Gokyo.

Wednesday 15th May 2013.

Today was a planned rest day and I felt well recovered from the day before having stuffed myself  with Dal Bhat in the evening. In the morning we ascended Gokyo Ri (5360M) and in the afternoon I wandered around the lake. I hope these photos can give a small idea of this place, one of the most amazing places I've ever seen.......




Phari Lapche (6017M) behind the lake.












Every time something is ordered it gets written down.


The son of the owners was an artist and I now have this painting of his on a T shirt.










I had this beauty all to myself for a few hours......


Hidden away on the edge of the lake is this shrine.



This piece of marble had fallen and shattered so I propped it back up again....


Our delightful lodge owners who were always singing and smiling. Their sons had painted most of the ceiling and walls. They had twenty rooms here at Lake View and they were going to build up another level at some point in the future. There were only a handful of people when we were there but they spoke of the busy Oct/Nov/Dec when it's common for all lodges to burst at the seams and people sleep on the dining room floors and benches.


No comments:

Post a Comment