Tuesday 30 July 2013

Annapurna Circuit, Part 3.

Sunset at Upper Pisang looking back to Manaslu.


Michael and Aiden.


Saturday 8th June 2013.

As I planned to take a side trip to Tilicho lake and the others were going to have a rest day in Manang I decided to part company and get an early start today. I missed breakfast and set off at 05.40 and reached Ngawal at 08.40 where I felt that last nights dal bhat had finally run out.


Leaving Upper Pisang.





The valley flattens and opens out.....


Manang.....




After lunch in Manang my destination was Khangsar which is on the left side of the central section below.


Entry into Khangsar....


I'm sure I was the only westerner in Khangsar that night and had a dal bhat that was in the top three I'd eaten. And I tried some Rakshi, the local rice wine. Three glasses. Three glasses that I still felt the next morning!

Sunday 9th June 2013.

Carrying on up the valley this morning there were these wonderful clouds.....





The turn off for Tilicho is the lower trail....


This section has some very narrow paths across scree slopes!






I met a guy called Oscar and we walked together for a while and then dumped our bags at the only remaining guesthouse still open and set off up to Tilicho.......




No comments:

Post a Comment