Tuesday 30 July 2013

Annapurna Circuit, Part 5.

I finally reach Thorung Phedi at 16.30......



Tuesday 11th June 2013.

I look out the window at 05.00 to a very drizzly and misty day and go back to sleep for an hour or so. I finally leave at 06.30 for the steep climb up to  Thorung La. All the fitness and acclimatisation I got on my EBC trek two weeks previously  really showed. Surely and steadily I made my way past everyone else who had left earlier that morning. 




Topping out at 5416m.


The descent was also misty and miserable....


And then some sunlight in the distance. Muktinath was down there and around the corner to the left. The descent really gave my knees and toes a hammering and I decided I wouldn't go on any further and that I would fly out from Jomsom as soon as I was able!!



As was the case with flying out of Lukla I found out that no planes had left or arrived for three days due to bad weather. I bought a ticket anyway and hoped for the best. Below is the airport runway and my lodging for the night.



Luck is on my side and I'm on the first flight out and back to Pokhara the next morning!




No comments:

Post a Comment