Saturday 25 May 2013

EBC Part 2, Sete-Nunthala.

Monday 29th April 2013.

According to the guide books this was the hard day. We started steeply again and I find myself hitting a 'wall' at about 5-10 minutes, my lack of fitness showing. This doesn't last and progress comes easily after.



The landscape becomes more verdant and the rhododendrons are in bloom. This is the section heading to the Lamjura la ( la is a high pass) at 3530M. 



I ignored all the signs that said they were the last food before the pass, and then they were the last! I would have to wait. Anyway the temperature dropped with the cloud and I wanted to keep moving. There was not a soul about at the pass.





I saw this tree that had been hit by lightning.



After a half hour of downhill I found a place to eat and I joined this calf for some lunch. His grass looked good but it was Tibetan bread with jam and lemon tea for me.


Looking back to the Lamjura la.




After this beautiful valley Junbesi was just an hour away and around the corner.


Tuesday 30th April 2013.

This is another lovely morning with moderate ups and downs.



I wonder how much they want for this new house?


The area around Junbesi starts to get very busy and we have to share the paths with mules and pack horses.




The temptations of the Nunthala guest house!















No comments:

Post a Comment